Friday, July 25, 2008

Part IV - Water Drawings...



So, to continue the conversation, related to the ideas of the Window on Broad & the Footprint Series, I will remind you I was pondering what marks do I leave behind that are singular to me. Also, and always in pushing the boundries of what makes "art" itself.

Water drawings – just what they sound like. This is a series of drawings that exist for a brief period of time. Literally, I draw with water on the wall and then I wipe it down. Only some are recorded, and frankly they are very difficult to photograph, so many are not recorded. I am interested in pursuing this in a participatory manner. Set up a can of paintbrushes and a container of water & invite folks to draw on the wall & then wipe it down. There is something about wiping away a piece that you just created that has no record anywhere and no one but those present will be part of that is appealing to me.

No comments: