Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Window is up...



Well, the window is up, buddies...

Interestingly, I realized that I had no expectations of what it would look like. I did a very minimal amount of planning before the installation. I am pleased by the result, although not sure what my final reaction is to it.

One defining moment was at the very end of installation (some 10 hours or so) when I entered the window area after popping out to clean my hands. There by the window was a family of three - mom, dad (late 20s/early 30s) with a small girl (3?). He was squatted down next to the window with her sitting on his knees. She had her foot against the window where one of my footprints was measuring her foot to my print. Oh, but for a photo!

It is really great to see when the sun is golden and the shadows mix with the real against the back wall. Lots of layers and shades of grey.